Friday 9 March 2018

Nightmares

Been having quite a few recently.

Some have just been puzzling, I was walking along with a friend of mine from the 1980s Matt Forrest - now a huge film director and animator, and he was dressed like a dentist in a white coat. He asked me why I wasn't getting better.

Does this mean as my husband suggested, I was desperate for the loo and my brain was scaring me awake to go?  Or do I need my teeth seeing to?  Or am I not actually getting better?

I am I think, the dislocated knee is okayish the only problem I have now is getting up from a sitting position.

Then I dreamt about my ex husband, I suppose it was because I had been watching old family movies with my sister and saw him as he was in his twenties - slim - blond permed hair, but the most striking thing was he looked exactly like my son at the same age. A clone !

I dreamt he asked me to meet his wife and his new family, I went and they were arguing all the time and he'd got fat and pudgey faced, and of course as always, it was my fault!  I woke up thinking that my brain hates me. But really grateful I have a lovely husband and not the spiteful manic depressive that my ex turned into.

Then after writing a particularly gruesome passage of my new book Heart of Overdown I went to bed re-thinking the passages, how gruesome should it be, should I calm it down a bit?  

When I fell asleep I was with Rollo, one of the Vikings and his washboard abs were covered in blood and he had his axe over his head ready to strike.   Teach me to watch back to back Vikings - woke up at 4am sweating with my heart pounding and realising the terrific bang I heard was just Dave next door going to work (he's a farmer and we hear him go out every day at 4am). He even got a new door because we told him we can hear his door bang every day. (bless him). Turns out it wasn't the door, he just doesn't use the handle lock at all and slams it shut. However, not Rollo about to chop my head off. Phew.

Vanilla Vikings my husband calls the series now, the Mercians, Saxons, Celts and Franks are all into  kinky sex practices.   Not the Vike, it's all chop and pop with them. Straight up sex.

Anyway that was beside the point - I have a strict avoidance of cheese in the evening meals
because I always dream or have nightmares when I eat it.

No nightmare Wednesday, but woke up having difficulty breathing. Ted a cat of at least a stone in weight was sitting on my chest watching me. He does this when he can't wake up my hubby for him to feed him, he knows I will prod hubby to move!

I don't exactly dread doing to bed to sleep, but I don't exactly look forward to it either.

But it's weekend and we don't have to get up at 5.30am so Andy can arrive in work by 9.am

Have a good weekend everybody, will let you know when "Heart" is up on Amazon.

xxx





 

No comments:

Post a Comment