Monday 13 August 2018

Life...the Universe...and anything.

Today I watched a mother murder her child on YouTube. It was a Crime programme from the USA.
On Facebook I saw an eagle being pulled from the front grill of a car and released back into the world by a couple of kind Americans.
On Twitter I saw an Orca whale grieiving for her deceased baby.
Too much.
Too much pain.
Too much information.
Not enough Kindness.

Mostly I feel nothing. I don't want to feel like this. As a writer I should be motivated by the stories I see and hear.

We are bombarded by facts, figures, politics, cute kittens and dogs, murder, mayhem, etc.
Reams and reams of it.

Trump taking war into space with his "Space Force". What a moron, every day he wakes up he does something so unspeakably evil and hypocrytical, and lies through his false teeth.
He should be impeached, the only President who is a self confessed traitor.

Meanwhile, a woman whose only crime was to go to Iran to visit her parents has now been moved into a prison for political prisoners. She is being helped to live through this terrible time by the other inmates. Nazazin Zaghary Radcliffe's life is wasting away in this hell.

Why is it when we all pull together so that we can get where we're going faster - is it that some-one always cuts the rope?

My latest book is finished. It combines the stories of several women, trying to live through a war not of their making. Where the United Kingdom is being torn apart by two rival factions.
Sound familiar?

History repeats itself and yet no-one learns from it.

I try and look for the good, but it's getting harder to find. 

We are in Sodom and Gormorrah, at the moment. Self centred narcissistic sexually profligate, non binary, WTF?  

I think it was GK Chesterton who said that if man doesn't believe in God, he'll believe in anything. Seems to be true.

I believe there is goodness in the world, kindness, sense, happiness. We just need to get it back. 

I know there is more to this life than flesh and blood. I want men to stop making their own Gods. 

Here we go then  Norman Greenbaum - enjoy - God can be fun.  No I'm not really a Jesus Freak, as I said before in these blogs. I believe in everything. From Angels to the Loch Ness monster, but I think there's room for God as well.

https://youtu.be/-cXrEPNvRO8?t=52







 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment