Sunday 10 June 2012

Well in 48 hours my first novel will be on Kindle. After spending years in a drawer it really was time it saw the light of day. The start of a trilogy about two families, one in Cornwall and one in London, and how they tie themselves together for two generations.

I have been writing since I was 14 years old, having my first short story published in "Jackie", a teen romance magazine. Since then, I have written constantly, having a piece on the BBC Cornwall's website "A Sense of Place", an article on the Guardian "Experience" page,and various articles on historical costume for a history magazine.

Life got in the way as it often does, and after living in Cornwall for seven years - going there to write and paint-  then being so busy running a holiday cottage business I spent a lot of time too exhausted to do either!
I am now back to the middle of England and now have time to write again - the characters jump about off the page with excitement at coming to life at last.  I can't wait to see what happens next.

No comments:

Post a Comment