Wednesday 11 July 2018

That time of year again

We worked on the garden till it got dark, it was cool after 7pm so we went and deadheaded the roses, cut the lavender, the savoury, pulled the weeds and couch grass out.

I bound the lavender and savoury to dry for my living history. I have made jams and jellies out of our big crop of strawberries. The pears are growing well and the blueberries. I have already stewed and frozen Rhubarb, and the garlic, sage and fennel have a little way to go yet before cropping.

Roses abound, this year I have made rose water from the deep red roses and I have dried bay leaves for cooking. Although the poor bay tree is scorched from the sun now.

Our next foray out with the Sealed Knot is coming soon. Almost everything is ready.

Could I live in the real 17th Century? People did, but they understood the rules and abided by them. I've never been good at rules, I'd probably be put in the stocks or burnt as a witch if I couldn't learn to keep my head down.

Some photos of our plants for you.





 Have a good week everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment