Friday 28 February 2020

It's finished.

When you finish a book it's like saying goodbye to an old friend. Having worked on it and researched it and lived it for a year or so, suddenly it's gone.

It's like taking your child to Uni for the first time, please like him, please don't hurt him, please let him be a big success. You watch as they go through the doors not even looking back!

So now what do I do? I told myself I would give myself a break from writing for a week or so and do some of the other things I love. Painting, drawing, making 17thC clothes.

Feel a bit lost. 

Why doesn't he write? Has he got his new jacket on yet?

What I normally do when I fell like this is clean. My house is always clean, since I had a TIA two years ago it has never been cleaner.  OCD was one of the lasting side effects. I can live with that. I have to live with that!

The TV remotes are lined up in size order.
The cup coasters are exactly the same way round and half an inch from the edge of the coffee table.
Cushions have to be in the correct order and in a straight line.
My clothes in the wardrobe are in colour order ranging from purples,burgundy,reds, oranges, yellows, creams, whites, greys, blacks.
Pillow cases have to be the right way round.

I try to leave mess, I know OCD is not normal. At the moment I have books all over the place, as I've been working, and they will go back into my library, in size, colour, author,century order. I have been looking at them neatly stacked on the desk for days, my fingers itching to organise them.

Sometimes I crumble and put them away, only to get them out again as I need them!

I have gold and white coffee cups for coffee at 11.am
I have cat mugs while I'm working for a cup of tea.
I have a blue and white Viking cup which marks the end of my working day.

Routines which if they're messed with throw me a curve ball. 
No-one understands, I don't understand. Hubby tries!

Recently adopted a kitten, none of this makes any sense to him. Nor should it. I quite often type with him draped across my neck like a necklace. He wrecks the place during his crazy time, racing round the place like a bike on the wall of death!

Good for me. Makes me laugh!

 My other cat is like me, prissy neat and tidy
Can't take my eyes off those books, must get on.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment