Wednesday 27 June 2018

Sainsburys Sandwiches and Paramedics

Yesterday busy day, was whipping round the shop pleased to be in the air conditioning in 30degree heat.  I was standing at the checkout waiting to pay when suddenly the floor started moving underneath me. 

If you stand on the beach paddling in the sea, and watch the sea flow away from your feet, you get a feeling of moving backwards. It was like that.  

I reached out to grab something but there was nothing to grab. A kind lady asked me if I was all right.

"No. I feel funny my head's spinning." I was heading for the floor when I felt a chair pushed under me and I flopped into it.  First aiders were called as I sat head in hands. I was given some cold water to drink and started to stop shaking -as the panic had set in. 

I hate being out of control.

Luckily for me, or unluckily for them. Two paramedics were in getting their sandwiches and I soon found myself sitting in their ambulance being tested for everything from heart attack to lack of water hydration. 

I called my husband from work. Poor man. I couldn't drive home while my head was on a roller coaster.

The paramedics managed to get me a Dr's appointment in half an hour's time. They said the choice was that or A&E.  It was a miracle to get a Dr's appoint so Andy my husband took me.

The trouble?  EARS!   I have a severe ear infection affecting my balance. You don't die of ears - but it certainly feels like you're going to! 

Today the world is still spinning - I have to try and find an antibiotic that has nothing in it to set my allergies off - but at least I know what is causing the dizziness. It's like being on a North Sea Ferry in rough seas.  

Sometimes like now, if I sit really still and don't move it's ok.

A big thank you kind people who helped me yesterday. 

Onwards and upwards........

 

No comments:

Post a Comment