Friday 1 February 2019

OKAYYY

So here I am again typing away but trying not to look at the screen. This time last week I was scarily blind in my left eye after a stress optical migraine. So please excuse my typing it many not be that brilliant today as my sight is still damaged.

As I had time to think/worry/fret I mahde a list of all my writing achievements/courses to boost my ego I suppose - to help me lead back to some form of normally.

At the age of 15 I used my Saturday Girl wages from Woolworths to pay £200 for a correspondence course called "Writing for Pleasure and Profit."
I was insulted when Mirror Columnist Marjorie Proops told me to work for the Hackney Gazette as a trainee.
Around this time I wrote a spoof spy novel that I sent to Penguin, and I'm sure when they had finished laughing their socks off and wetting their collective pants, they said it wasn't for them, but don't stop writing.
I had short stories published in Bunty and Jackie Magazines, and in my 20s wrote short stories and poems for Woman and Women's Own
When working for the BBC I had articles and cartoons published in the staff magazine Ariel and the BECTU (union) magazine.
I attended the BBC Creative writing course and the BBC from Script to Screen writing course.
I had articles published on the BBC website under "A sense of place." about living in Cornwall.  I also wrote lifestyle articles for the Guardian at this time.
Then I was put on the BBC "Breaking Barriers in Creative writing" course.
After this followed another Guardian article on how I got my son away from his drug problem. Also published in "Parenting" magazine.
It was through the Chiplit Festival writing course that I met the Ampersand Agency, there followed 9 Hilary Long Cosy mysteries, one book called 1955 requested by the Agency
then followed The Women of the Civil War, one of my best sellers, along with "A Farthing for Oxforde" my first historical fiction. Now in the Amazon 100 best sellers list.
We started Nuova Stella Publishing last year as our own platform for book sales, and have two books currently on the go, The Kings Men, a Legend of the Rollright stones and The Clothing of the National Trust.
Recently I completed another on-line BBC Creative Writing course - boy how things have changed since the first one.
Yes it was Stress that made me lose some sight. So I must stop now.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment