Tuesday 9 October 2012

Here I go again!

Well, haven't written for a time, been busy, bought a new car took the sports model back, wasn't me.  Smart expensive and terrified to leave it anywhere. Now have a 4x4 Red workhorse that I have christened Ruby.
It has such a large boot that we can sleep in it. Made for picnics and loading lots of stuff into the back of.
We used it to take all the booze up to Sulgrave for our party.  What a fabulous time, laughed my head off got very drunk drinking champers like lemonade danced all night to a fab band and Stuart provided enough food to feed half of Oxfordshire - we both took stuff into our places of work. Our friends were wonderful and danced and ate and drank and laughed and danced some more.  Later that week I had an audition in front of 130 women of the WI and I am waiting to hear if I am going to be put on their list of  speakers for next year.

Was supposed to have an interview at Oxford University today but have had flu for two weeks since the party and now feel sick and dizzy, aching all over, today has been the best day of the two weeks and I'm still not great. While I was waiting for my audition a women ran out of the hall and threw up - great - just what you need before you go on to speak to a hall full of people.

Now I know how she feels.  So I'm going to quit while I'm ahead.  Speak again later if I ever get rid of this thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment