Tuesday 16 October 2018

The truth is out there...if you look for it.


Nuova Stella scandal!!

On my twitter page I have been getting grief from the Cromwell Museum on social media because I said they were glorifying war at Dhogheda where Cromwell killed over 2000 people.

They also put up a Victorian painting of the raising of Basing House also saying it was a great victory - even though through research I found that Cromwell left some of his worst wounded soldiers in the basements, then burnt the house to the ground with them in it.
The villagers report hearing their screams.

They denied this and asked where I got my information from, so I sent them links some from the Imperial War Museum, which stated that it was the first War Crime and genocide of Catholics.  

Anyway this started a whole thing of others having a go at me,  asking where I found these things out.

As I have a book to write. I haven't got time to state where I got all my 25 years or so of research from. What papers, what libraries, what Museums, what living source. So anybody who keeps asking me questions should do the research themselves.

Try the Bodlien Library, go to the large country houses, talk to living relatives about their ancestors. I am at the moment in discussion with an Oxfordshire family about their famous Civil War relatives. I also mentioned that point scoring is also bullying, and it was time to draw a line under this now.

History is a strange and interesting subject, people will always "know for a fact" without anything to back it up, and yes history is mainly written by the winners.

That is why I spend my time digging up the untold stories of heroic women, as history was written by the men, and these women made history too.

A Farthing for Oxforde was written based on research of the facts of what it would be like to live during that time as a women, and it's not good.

No comments:

Post a Comment