Tuesday 10 March 2020

Cooking again!

I cook a lot, from scratch, sometimes with not many ingredients.

 Sometimes it can turn out funny - I think this loaf I made is having a laugh!
Sometimes it's biscuits made from a recipe found on Bosworth Field 
and passed down the ages.
Having friends round for Christmas tea with home made sausage rolls biscuits and cake.
 Sometimes it's a commemorative cake for Richard III
Or a 17th C summer picnic on a Sealed Knot camp 
with sweets of the period called "orange drops"
 
Finally banquet fayre, Lob Lolly castle, liquorice sticks to chew, Brie and puddings.
 
I grow herbs, fruit and veg, this year a little slim because of the rain, but rhubarb is already bright red and jolly, I have jammed last years blueberries, strawberries and plums.
Lavender, sage, chives, bay I hope will survive, looking for a house with a bigger garden.
 
I must do a recipe book, been meaning to do one for years,  perhaps now is the time.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment