Friday 6 March 2020

Moving Fast!

Possibly three more book signings coming up. Damn your eyes Coronovirus!  Might have to wait and see.

New cover design finished for the Legend of the Rollrights.

The Sealed Knot season may be under threat as well. 

Article in The Orders of the Daye hopefully published in next magazine.

Now all my books are on Goodreads.

Still selling well on Amazon.

All copies are in the British Library. I think that's the thing I'm most proud of.

So in the meantime...The angry sea off Godrevey beach. 


"I hate to hear you talk about all women as if they were fine ladies instead of rational creatures. None of us want to be in calm waters all our lives.” The Admiral's wife states in Jane Austen's "Persuasion"



Calm waters could be good sometimes, we all need a break from the hurly burly (that's from the 16th Century), we can get fed up with all the bumpf we have to deal with, (another one!).

After writing 16th/17th/18th century histories its very very hard to come back and live in 2020 again
 A Jane Austen me, when times were more elegant, but probably no less frustrating.




 A 17th Century me in the early days of the Sealed Knot. Playing the part of a farmers wife.



Shortly after this picture was taken at Edgehill I suffered a stroke. Luckily it was dealt with quickly by Sealed Knot medics and Warwick hospital. I made a full recovery, all I got left from it was OCD and migraines. So you see a bit of calm waters now and then is necessary.

Hopefully this modern plague will leave us alone, so I can be all the different women I want to be.  Keep safe keep Happy, keep Well.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment