Friday 30 September 2016

Le Weekend!

Tres bon!  at last - quand le Francais? Je ne connais pas. C'est un de ces jours!

This year up to now I have done tons of stuff. Looking at my calendar and updating next years - yes getting booked up already - I was surprised to find that during the year up to now I have been sick/ill/injured for 55 days of it, and it's only the start of October!

Believe me, I know I've been ill and sometimes I have ratted on about at it length in this blog, but 55 days? 

Ever since we moved to the Cotswolds we have been ill, even planning to move here and during the move I had a stress heart attack and broke my arm with a fall downstairs.

Perhaps this isn't the place for us.

Square pegs squashed into a round hole. I don't give up. I've given it my best shot, but you know the old saying "when you bang your head against a brick wall, it's nice when you stop."

But this weekend is a rare one we are not delivering books, or at the Sealed Knot, or on a photo shoot at a country house, we are as the Georgians used to say "At Home."

We may even have time to think about what comes next.

I'll keep you posted.  Here's a few pretty pictures for you
Ted and Griff on our windowcill - Andy made Griff - he's great at pottery.
Waddesdon Manor my place of work.
 
Peacock butterfly, ragged and tired poor thing, on our log store.

Have a good weekend everybody.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment