Tuesday 15 March 2016

A writer's life

During the first three months of this year, I have written every day. I finished my latest Hilary Long murder mystery, started work on a tweenagers book and have started writing a sort of proverb dictionary, not to mention promoting and speaking about my Women of the English Civil War History book. I still have the coffee table book in production and will be starting work on that quite soon.
 

I write everyday after cleaning my house we get up at six so everything's done by 9.30 - 10.am So then I make phone calls and usually start to write,cup of coffee in hand, at 10.30 - 11.00 and stop at 1 for lunch.
 
I speak to my hubby every day for half an hour, then watch Neighbours as it's completely brain off and fun.

At 2.15 this time cup of tea in hand I write for the whole afternoon until 5 when I stop to watch 5 News, yes I know it's news lite - but that's about all I am interested in.

Then I cook, spaghetti bolognese, chicken or pork stir fry,  jacket potatoes with pork chops mushrooms and broccolli. Food is still a big issue for me, after becoming allergic to so many things last year, everything I try that's new has an element of danger!

But when I was first allergic I was only eating porridge and jacket potatoes so I've come a long way since then.

It's so cold today that I've had the woodburner on since lunchtime, and I'm looking forward to going to the coffee morning at Waddesdon tomorrow that will tell us what we will be doing for the season.  I only go one day a week, I find the general public are getting ruder and more difficult to deal with, but it gives me great ideas for my books. I'm not the only one
a lot of my friends who work in the heritage industry are finding the same.

Soon everything will be broken and ruined by visitors who can't resist touching the artefacts
and there will be nothing left for future generations to see. Sad and shortsighted.

Well it's Shepherds Pie tonight so I'd better get on. Looking forward to a break by the sea
soon, yes it'll be cold, but I don't  care - I love that wobbly green sea on the Cornish coast.
A bit of R&R for my hubby's birthday, and a bit of brain off time for me.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment